Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas and a love sonnet by Dante Gabriel Rossetti


Sonnet IV: LoveSight by Dante Gabriel Rossetti 

(Read by actor, Aiden Turner who played
Dante Gabriel Rossetti in Desperate Romantics)

Forgive me but I am in a romantic mood...

When do I see thee most, beloved one? 
When in the light the spirits of mine eyes 
Before thy face, their altar, solemnize 
The worship of that Love through thee made known?
Or when in the dusk hours, (we two alone,)
Close-kissed and eloquent of still replies 
Thy twilight-hidden glimmering visage lies, 
And my soul only sees thy soul its own? 
O love, my love! if I no more should see 
Thyself, nor on the earth the shadow of thee,
Nor image of thine eyes in any spring,— 
How then should sound upon Life's darkening slope 
The ground-whirl of the perished leaves of Hope,
The wind of Death's imperishable wing?


Merry Christmas Dear Ones!
I hope you all are enjoying your holiday wherever you may be
Thank you all for making my year such an enjoyable one.
Especially to my love, Nick,  for your love and friendship xx

No comments: